Question about a Cat Enclosure I want to build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wanting to build a cat enclosure in the back garden and I just have a very simple question really.

I have attached a pic showing the whole frame of the enclosure, the raised section will be sitting on the raised terraced section of grass I have. Now I have also attached a zoomed in view of the base and one of the upright posts.

Now my question is what is the best way to construct this junction. Is it to glue the base together with miter joints and then screw up from the bottom of the base into the upright? Or would you get some kind of bracket to attach the upright to the base?

All help gratefully received. Thanks

Full Frame

CatEnclosureImage1_zps9d23b1e6.jpg

Zoomed in View[/u]

CatEnclosureImage2_zps9ce909e4.jpg

Sponsored Links
We built a catrun a while ago, using prefabricated dog run galvanised mesh panels from here:

http://www.doghealth.co.uk/

All bolt together, 6ft high panels. They even do a prefabricated door panel.

If you were going to do a dual level job, it'd be a case of drilling a couple of new holes in the panels to allow some to be raised.

I roofed ours with lightweight plastic bird mesh - as cats hate snaggy things, they've ignored it. Once they've got the hang of "no way out here", they ignore it.

I've then cable tied it to the sides of the enclosure - the nice thing about it is that it's very flexible, so different levels aren't a problem. Ours slopes from above the living room window down to the 6ft top of the panel.

Cheap, simple and quick to build and very effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back