question about pre cast flues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been asked to fit a fireplace/fire,removed and capped off old fire yesterday which was tuck on wall about 10 inches from floor.Customer wants on fitting which fits onto a new marble hearth-problem is the starter flu block is sitting on concrete blocks about 10 inches above floor-could i cut the block out to extend the flu or would a proper precast flu block need fitting?
Still waiting to measure fire yet though as where the opening will be thats where the 1 inch steel gas pipe come up through the concrete floor by 4 inches! glad i put " as long as theres a suitable gas supply pipe to use" in the quote!

Sponsored Links
Yes you can knock away the blocks but you only need 250mm below the spigot on a new fire unless you are installing an LFE that is.

If you are putting an LFE or inset should I say then I think you will have to put new starter blocks in all the way down to the floor otherwise the flue will be incomplete cos you will knock into the cavity.

Try getting them to have an outset fire then you will only need the 250mm below the spigot.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back