Question about the dials/knobs. on the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the two dials on the front of our He24 Isar boiler.

The dials in question are for the hot water and central heating

Is there a recommended setting for them? should/can they both be on max?

My dad seems to think the central heating dial shouldn't be on max, I forget the reason he gave, but I can't understand why they both shouldn't be on full

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
personally i wouldnt run them on max.
they are obviously user controls so you can set them on whatever you want to.
if the hot tap water is at a suitable temp there is not much point in altering it, same with the rads

As far as heating stat control is concerned, when the heating is up to temp and the boiler is ready to switch off for a while, the radiator should be 170 Fahrenheit, that is like holding the radiator top and having to let go after 2 seconds. if they are not that hot turn the boiler stat up, if they are too hot to hold that long turn stat down a bit. that is a good boiler stat guide in my opinion.

Sponsored Links
you don't drive your car with your foot on the floor, so why do it on a boiler?

You are not thinking, the boiler may not be a high enough output to cope with rad temp when it is cold so it has to work harder, stat higher, no of rads, 1000cc will NOT accelerate as fast as 2000cc every body knows that. it is the same with boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back