question for Sarah Spark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
apologies for the hijack . ..

Sarah, are you really a spark named Sarah? i'm all for girl power etc, its just a tad unusual thats all! Do you find people are ever surprised when you tell them your profession?

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
apologies for the hijack . ..

Sarah, are you really a spark named Sarah? i'm all for girl power etc, its just a tad unusual thats all! Do you find people are ever surprised when you tell them your profession?

Yes I was contracting for 10 years and have been a 'second in command' in a large manufacturing plant for the last 9 years.I have City and Guilds qualifications originally and since being in industry have gained HNC/HND in electrical engineering/automation and control but I have stumbled on this forum and just like to exercise the old domestic knowledge again.
I used to get terrible stick 'on site' but the teasing in the factory soon stopped when I used to show the guys up a bit solving problems they could not do!

P.s My husband is also an Electrical Engineer

Sarah

Sarahspark said:
I used to get terrible stick 'on site' but the teasing in the factory soon stopped when I used to show the guys up a bit solving problems they could not do!
Sarah

Go for it lady. More power to the female in the engineering work place. One of the best engineers I met was a small petite china doll with blonde pig tails. With a bit more hair sense she was perfect to have been a cat walk fashion model. But at engineering design she was brilliant.

Sponsored Links
Cool! I would like to see more lady mechanics!!! I had one as an apprentice once but unfortunatly she didnt last long :(

Move this thread did you moderator? At least say so, and have it make sense, since its no longer hi-jacking anyone elses post! :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back