Queues and paying

hi1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This a genuine quest for understanding.
How can women stand in a check out queue for 10 minutes, have their items scanned and then looked completely stunned at being asked to pay. This then involves the rummaging in the handbag, the unloading of the handbag to locate the purse. This then leads on to the which card shall i use ritual or the i've the right change but then i haven't thus defaulting back to the hunt for a card to use. Surely during the 10 minutes waiting it might have occured to her that at some point payment is going to be required and couldn't i be ready for this. Enlighten me.

Sponsored Links
old ladies. they know they have to pay, so why do they have to insist on rummaging around in their handbags to find the exact money down to the last penny. Just give them the five pound note and have some change back you silly old crone, your going to die soon so use your time wisely, dont waste it looking for all the bloody old coppers in the bottom of your handbag, mixed in with your false teeth, half a packet of extra strong mints etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

old ladies. they know they have to pay, so why do they have to insist on rummaging around in their handbags to find the exact money down to the last penny. Just give them the five pound note and have some change back you silly old crone, your going to die soon so use your time wisely, dont waste it looking for all the b****y old coppers in the bottom of your handbag, mixed in with your false teeth, half a packet of extra strong mints etc etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

So old ladies go looking for old coppers eh Thermo? Lucky you! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Filling a car with petrol is much the same:

Woman
1) Park car
2) Exit car
3) Try to remember if car takes green or black petrol
4) Remove pump
5) Replace pump
6) Enter car
7) Drive 4 feet nearer the pump
8 ) Exit car
9) Remove pump
10) Fill with fuel
11) Replace pump
12) Enter car
13) Rummage in purse
14) Enter kiosk
15) Rummage in purse
16) Pay
17) Enter car
18 ) Rummage in purse
19) ???? - unknown to men, but takes at least 5 minutes
20) Drive away
21) Grind alloy wheels against kerb around the pump
22) Rummage in purse
23) Drive away again

Man
1) Fill up with fuel
2) Pay
3) Drive away

hi1, have you no knowledge of women's folklore?

Many years ago, a woman was standing at the till, loading her shopping into her bags. She finished just as the cashier rang up the total. She had already got her money (or credit card) out of her reticule, and put it in her coat pocket ready to pay.

Suddenly, up clattered a white horse, ridden by a handsome prince.

He jumped down, and said "Madam, you are such a beauty that I will pay for your shopping. You have no need of money in this kingdom!"

He then re-packed the shopping into his saddlebags, lifted the woman up onto the horse, and rode away with her to his castle.

So, whenever you are standing behind a woman who is not packing her shopping, and has not got her money ready, but is aimlessly gazing about her, you now know the reason.

She is looking for the white horse.

why is it when my missus goes into a shop to buy a paper she can take over 20 mins to do such a simple task,and then comes out with a load more crap that she assures me we really need???????

They should have a blokes only till at the supermarkets. :cool:

No nectar cards. :evil:

No coupons. :evil:

No kids school vouchers. :evil:

Just gimme my stuff and heres the dosh service.
:D

why is it when my missus goes into a shop to buy a paper she can take over 20 mins to do such a simple task,and then comes out with a load more rubbish that she assures me we really need???????
Ah the wonders of special offers ;) ;) ;) ;)

If it weren't for special offers, we'd loose about 25% of our takings each week. They are the very reason some people shop with us rather than elsewhere. Yes, some are misleading, some are silly offers that aren't much good (bogof on coleslaw, 2 day shelf life lol - a daft example, not really true)

But they do drive sales ever upwards :D

They should have a blokes only till at the supermarkets. :cool:

No nectar cards. :evil:

No coupons. :evil:

No kids school vouchers. :evil:

Just gimme my stuff and heres the dosh service.
:D

think thats bad go to the post office.

first class stamp please.

ceratinly sir any foreign currency with that?

no just a stamp

household insurance?

no a stamp

pet insurance?

no just a stamp please!

what about savings plans?

etc etc etc!

you havent been to the PO i use then

since they closed 3 others near it, the poor old bloke dare not ask becuse you have been waiting to seek his service for the last 15 minuse and there were only 5 people infront of you

One of these days I'd like to see a Moderator adding an abusive post. Y'know - just to redress the balance.

Sponsored Links
Back