Quick oven socket question

Sponsored Links
Whats wrong with that Idea? is that not what a 3 pin plug does? go into the socket ?

Filby, dear: yes, a 3-pin plug does usually go into a socket, Thank you or pointing that out. But in this case your oven and hob can be hardwired together into the output of the CCU.......

Lucia.

Sounds like a good idea, screwfix dont seam to sell a 2 in, one out 10mm unit to do that in terms of using a cooker connection unit.

If anybody can point a a product out with a good Rep il give it a go.

As im sure i will have quite some cable left after a run from the Consumer Unit can i use what is left to terminate the Hob? and the oven? im sure i can if i can get hold of one of these connection units.

Buts lets say i do plug the hob in 2.5mm/4mm cable for the 13A fused plug ?

Sponsored Links
You can easily get hold of a dual outlet cooker connecter plate controlled by the CCU. You dont need to plug-in the oven separately. The oven and hob should be regarded as one appliance here.......

Lucia.

I'm pretty sure that "behind a skirting board" isn't a safe zone, so I think the cable will need concentric earth protection (SWA cable, earthed steel conduit, etc).

Check the oven manufacturer's instructions. May need 16A or 20A protection.

Im taking this route:

CU 10mm >>>> MK Cooker Switch>>>10mm>>> Double Appliance Plate>>>10mm Cable to 7.2Kw Induction Hob >>>> Other side 2.5mm>>>FCU>>>>Oven 2.25 Kw 13A

I think there may be problems legally connecting 13A socket etc to circuit bigger than 32A.

Really? whats the difference in that and using a cooker switch/3 pin plug? everything running from one place using a 40Amp mcb?

Rather than plugging the oven in im wanting to run one cable from the dual appliance plate to the Hob in 10mm where as the other could be 2.5mm going though a 13amp fcu then on to the oven

Really? whats the difference in that and using a cooker switch/3 pin plug? everything running from one place using a 40Amp mcb?

Rather than plugging the oven in im wanting to run one cable from the dual appliance plate to the Hob in 10mm where as the other could be 2.5mm going though a 13amp fcu then on to the oven

So does this sound ok then?

If i was to use conduit and run the 10mm along the top of the skirting, would that also be ok ?

I hope I'm not duplicating what someone else has said.

Yes, that will be alright but 6mm² will do from CCU to hob and if you can get 6mm² into the connections in/on the oven then you will not need FCU and you can use double CCU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back