Quick oven socket question

Yeah don't forget to use grommets in the boxes and sleeve those earths classic DIY give aways

Sponsored Links
Oh and I would recommend a 47mm back box for your 45a switch as you'll be pushing like mad to get that screwed back with a couple of 10mm cables in there.

I'm really not taking the **** when I tell you I think you need to consult an electrician for your own safety and that of your family. You'd probably be fine with the oven circuit, though it really should be properly tested using equipment you don't have, but 20A on a lighting circuit with 1mm cable is a real fire risk.

I'm really not taking the p**s when I tell you I think you need to consult an electrician for your own safety and that of your family. You'd probably be fine with the oven circuit, though it really should be properly tested using equipment you don't have, but 20A on a lighting circuit with 1mm cable is a real fire risk.

Yeah i know mate and its not even my job and i know its wrong, theres bloody 2 x 6 amp breakers in there too.

Got the Gromit's there a given and thought ahead with the 47 mm boxes Earth sleeve is missing as of today but i know i should have it il admit that one

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with mr holmes on this one, if your determined to do it yourself and with your other worrying issues why don't you get a registered sparks in to do a periodic test and inspection, this way you'll get your work checked and a thorough inspection on the rest.

I'd forget the oven and do the lights first. A fault on that circuit could very likely start a fire, and faults do happen. Please hire an electrician, I've got nothing more to say on this one.

Ur gona like this even more all the wires come out of junction boxes screwed to beams and run directly under a leaking shower tray.

however did the job is a total idiot, i have only had the house 4 weeks

il get the parts first, at least try not to get the added extra you Sparkys put on things haha.
You think that'll save you money?

The electrician needs to earn a certain amount so that he can pay his mortgage, buy food etc. If he makes some of that money from materials markup and some from labour charges, and you deny him the markup, do you think he will:

1) Keep his labour charges the same, thus rendering himself unable to pay the mortgage and buy food

or

2) Increase what he charges you for his labour

?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back