quick question about PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Untitled-1.jpg

Lighting load max 150/500 watts.

and where do you suppose that pic came from?

if all else fails, READ the instructions (which is what i said in the first place)

(To clarify, it means you cannot do as you originally wanted to)

I suggest you buy two plain lights, and a seperate PIR. The standalone PIRs can normally handle about 1000 watts.

Steve said:
(To clarify, it means you cannot do as you originally wanted to)

I suggest you buy two plain lights, and a seperate PIR. The standalone PIRs can normally handle about 1000 watts.

Thanks Steve
What does the 500watt figure in the instruction manual correspond to?
Is this the max the PIR can handle or the max the light enclosure can handle? Because I will only be using 2 x 150watt bulbs in both units. Will the PIR handle 300watts?
Sorry to be a pain. If not achievable, I will do as you stated and buy 2 seperate lights and a single PIR.

The 500 watt figure refers to your lights big brother! It is available in 2 sizes. So the PIR on the 150 watt one will only handle 150 watts, and the same applies for the 500 watt one. I remember when they used to fit all these things with 1000 watt PIRs. Not any more :(

As I said before, to do as you intend, you must have a standalone PIR with two plain floodlights. I'd use a weatherproof junction box with cable glands , rather than terminate 2 cables into a floodlight - the space is very tight in them.

dholi said:
Thanks Steve
What does the 500watt figure in the instruction manual correspond to?

i am sorry but if you cant figure that out i seriously doubt your ability to install the light(s) safely

bear in mind this is nothing personal, as i dont know you, just an observation

Steve said:
The 500 watt figure refers to your lights big brother! It is available in 2 sizes. So the PIR on the 150 watt one will only handle 150 watts, and the same applies for the 500 watt one. I remember when they used to fit all these things with 1000 watt PIRs. Not any more :(

As I said before, to do as you intend, you must have a standalone PIR with two plain floodlights. I'd use a weatherproof junction box with cable glands , rather than terminate 2 cables into a floodlight - the space is very tight in them.

got you my friend
thank you very much indeed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back