Quick Storage combi boiler and tap/shower supply question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A quick question regarding tap and shower water supply.

Our storage combi is feed mains water, and has two outputs, one marked "Domestic Hot Water" and the other "Balanced Mains".

I am imagining that DHW and Balanced Mains should be used on showers/mixer taps to stop sudden changes in temp if there is a pressure drop on one feed, is that right?

Also should the kitchen cold tap and outside tap be feed from "balanced mains" or feed off before the boiler?

I am only trying to understand my current plumbing and the installation.

thanks in advance for any input.

Neil

Sponsored Links
Balanced feeds are put in after the pressure reducing valve, to primarily feed mixer fittings, showers taps etc, so that the hot and cold are balanced.
So yes the shower should be off of balanced, not so much of an issue for the kitchen and outside tap.

In a new build evrything would probably be balanced, as it is easier to lay the pipework out at that stage.
Obviously a bit of an upheaval in a retrofit situation.

What storage combi is it?

Graham

Right, that makes sense to me know.

Its a Veissman Vitodens 222-F, it was installed recently during our loft conversion.

I have read some mixed reviews about it but so far seems ok, and our gas bills have dropped when compared to our previous Glowworm boiler which was only two years old.

Thanks

Neil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back