Quote for Worcestor Bosch 24i, 28i, 25si, 30si

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a quote for replacing an existing vented system with a combi (the cylinder's leaking and the boiler's 20 years old). The quote has additional prices for the difference size boilers. I have a semi with 7 radiators, 3 hot taps, no shower (its electric off cold water feed).
I'm tempted to go for the 28 or the 25. One of my neighbours has the 28i and another the 25si. Is there any advantage in having the hot water temperature adjustment on the 25si?

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Worcester intended domestic customers to use the Si product.

The i range was intended for the social housing market as a bare bones cheap offering. They are very similar and you could save a few quid on the iJunior, but it is a bit basic.

3 hot taps? Meaning you have a en-suite?

If you have then you really need to be looking at water delivery rates. The 24junior is something around the 10.7litre a minute, so not practical for a 2 bathroom house.

If you wanted to stick with a Worcester you would be looking at something like the highflow 440 or have a unvented hot water system fitted.

The amount of houses i go to which have 2 or more bathrooms, but have a inadequate boiler fitted is ridiculous. No point having 2 wash facility's if only one person can use it at a time

Or, Bath, Basin & Kitchen. What is your cold water flow rates like. Remember the WB flow rates are not the ones advertised, as they are restricted to get 42deg temp rise. So the 24 (25si) you are looking at approx 9lpm. For the extra get the 30si. Where abouts are you, I recently did a quote in the Hillsborough area of Sheffield where the client is only getting 10lpm cold water flow rate.

Sponsored Links
I have fitted loads of 24 and 28 juniors and they have been pure gold. Hot water on the 28 is adequate and they are rock solid.

Is there a specific reason you only look at the cheapest models? For an extra 10 - 20% of the overall cost, you can go from the cheapest, simplest model 24i to the best one, the cdi. The installation costs for all these are the same, and the cdi is miles better than the i.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back