Quotes

Never charge for quotes.

if it's a big job and I get it I always ask for my cost of materials on the day I start, remainder on day of completion.

what if you have spent ages formulating the quote only to loose it to some under qualified muppet who is willing to fit a ravenheat or somesuch?

:)

Sponsored Links
CM . Sorry to hear about the house... Have never charged for a quote ever but to be honest all my work is from word off mouth so customers are basically just getting me around to discuss the job .
Also have only done one written quote in about 2 years, used to do them religiously for every job now i have a good discussion and give them a price there and then usually accepted while there or dates discussed and phone call within a few days to accept.
I get at least 95% of work quoted and i am not cheap. And up until last week i have never took a penny until job was completed guy just didn`t want that sort of money in the house.
Mind you if i worked in a city where nobody knows anyone i would probably have a different attitude

CM . Sorry to hear about the house... Have never charged for a quote ever but to be honest all my work is from word off mouth so customers are basically just getting me around to discuss the job .
Also have only done one written quote in about 2 years, used to do them religiously for every job now i have a good discussion and give them a price there and then usually accepted while there or dates discussed and phone call within a few days to accept.
I get at least 95% of work quoted and i am not cheap. And up until last week i have never took a penny until job was completed guy just didn`t want that sort of money in the house.
Mind you if i worked in a city where nobody knows anyone i would probably have a different attitude

dont worry about it namsag. we have all passed a lot of water since then ;)

you are a lucky man with your work.

Sponsored Links
Back