Racism not taken seriously by all.

Sponsored Links
Maybe JohnD should start deleting some of his posting history a bit sharpish.

Typical of the French.
Given their history of genocide in Algeria, i am not surprised they want to divert public attention onto the plight of Israel.

Sponsored Links
Is criticising the actions of the Israeli state now considered to be 'racism'?
Only in the so called 'West' the rest of the world would have a more civilised view.

Is criticising the actions of the Israeli state now considered to be 'racism'?

Only in the so called 'West' the rest of the world would have a more civilised view.

That's the thing, he didn't criticize Israel, he 'shared' social media posts doing so without fully reading the 'crap' he was 'sharing'.

Algeria defender Youcef Atal has been handed an eight-month suspended sentence by a French court for inciting religious hatred in a social media post about the conflict in Israel and Gaza.

The Nice criminal court ruled that Atal must also pay a €45,000 (£38,886) fine for posting an antisemitic video on his Instagram account.
The 27-year-old is suspended "until further notice" by his club side Nice.

He has been selected in the Algeria squad for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Atal will also pay for details of his conviction to be published in regional daily Nice-Matin and national newspaper Le Monde.

Having deleted the post and apologised the day after making the original post, Atal apologised again during the court hearings and said he did not watch the full 35-second video and had wanted to send "a message of peace".

However, that argument did not convince the prosecutors.

"Sharing a video means being party to its message and lending it visibility," prosecutor Meggi Choutia told the court.

"There is no talk of peace at any moment in these 35 seconds."

JohnD would be wise to share his own thoughts rather than a Facebook influencer's posts.

That's the thing, he didn't criticize Israel, he 'shared' social media posts doing so without fully reading the 'crap' he was 'sharing'.

Algeria defender Youcef Atal has been handed an eight-month suspended sentence by a French court for inciting religious hatred in a social media post about the conflict in Israel and Gaza.

The Nice criminal court ruled that Atal must also pay a €45,000 (£38,886) fine for posting an antisemitic video on his Instagram account.
The 27-year-old is suspended "until further notice" by his club side Nice.

He has been selected in the Algeria squad for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Atal will also pay for details of his conviction to be published in regional daily Nice-Matin and national newspaper Le Monde.

Having deleted the post and apologised the day after making the original post, Atal apologised again during the court hearings and said he did not watch the full 35-second video and had wanted to send "a message of peace".

However, that argument did not convince the prosecutors.

"Sharing a video means being party to its message and lending it visibility," prosecutor Meggi Choutia told the court.

"There is no talk of peace at any moment in these 35 seconds."

JohnD would be wise to share his own thoughts rather than a Facebook influencer's posts.

However funny something might be, if someone sends me anything racist i delete and never forward the message. I have somewhat replied and told them off.

if someone sends me anything racist i delete and never forward the message.
And yet here you are commenting on a racist related topic...

So the difference is what exactly?

Would you care to call my opinion that the state of Israel is now intent on wiping out the territory of Gaza and is actively supporting the actions of their settler community in the west bank where they are killing Palestinians and stealing their land as 'racism'?

That's the thing, ... he 'shared' social media posts doing so without fully reading the 'crap' he was 'sharing'.
As do many on this forum. It's a good job it's not in France. :rolleyes:
Some even willfully misrepresent what they've read. :rolleyes:

Bod will blame his newsfeed. :rolleyes:
Until he realizes his newsfeed is based on his search engine history. :rolleyes:

I get that but its more about what pops up and I read,
than me searching racist Muslim Footballer!

I do wonder what your news feed are.

I get that but its more about what pops up and I read,
than me searching racist Muslim Footballer!
They work by making assumptions of what they think you'd be interested in, based on your searches, and on what you respond to. :rolleyes:
Because you click on BLM, they'll feed you loads of stuff on BLM.
It's why it's called newsFEED. :rolleyes:

I do wonder what your news feed are.
I delete them.
And where possible I block them.

…before he becomes known as Johnny Jewhater
Another one conflating Jews with Isaeli with Zionism with IDF.:rolleyes:
Why can't those who support Israeli genocide differentiate between the various groups of society?
Is it intentional to try to shut down criticism of Israel, IDF and zionism? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back