Rad Needs Bled Every 5 Days

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got a new bathroom fitted in the summer the radiator was moved and replaced so the system had to be emptied.
Now the radiator in my dinning room only heats for about 5 days and then has to be bled.
I have to take the bleed screw right out and it takes about 2 minutes before the air comes out of the radiator and the air then comes out for about a minute which is a hell alot of air.
After this the radiator is piping hot i had no problems before with this radiator.
Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
when metal radiators corrode in a central heating system hydrogen gas is produced. If the system corrosion inhibitor was not replaced when the system was refilled this might explain the problem

Sponsored Links
5 days isn't long though. You may hav introduce an air mivro-leak (inwards) , or altered the pipework wrongly so air is getting sucked in. I suppose a lot of nast flux would have a quick effect.

When you remove the air vleed screw shove a pin down inside to clear the hole. You might like to turn the rad off first!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back