Radiator above double electrical socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am doing some changes to my house which means I need to move a rad from one side of the hall (currently under open stairs) to the other, the only trouble being there is an electrical double socket on that side right in the middle of the wall just above the skirting.

I could mount the rad slightly higher to clear the socket or I could look for a designer rad or similar which would not cause an issue.

Any one got any other thoughts/ideas. I think it would look odd with a normal rad that high up but I also want to keep the socket.

rad.jpg

Many thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
If you don't want move the socket then a vertical Rad would be the best option, don't put a normal Rad up high though, would look awful

Yeah thats what I was thinking, could use a radiator cover but not sure about those either.

Vertical rad had crossed my mind, I might just bite the bullet and move the socket.

A stupid question maybe but why dont you move the socket? On the assumption you have suspended floors then you will have to lift them to re-route the pipework to the radiator so you could move the socket along at the same time.

If you aren't fussed which way it goes you might even have enought cable to move it in one direction without adding a junction box. If not then a junction box (of the correct capacity) will allow you to extend the ring main easily.

Sponsored Links
I was trying to get away from chasing out the walls to move cables but I think thats the way I am going to go.

Thanks for your input. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back