Radiator is cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently fitted a new radiator in my hallway but it will not heat up. I have micro bore pipework which is a twin entry job. The inlet and outlet pipes are red hot right up until the entry to the radiator, but the radiator remains stone cold. All the other radiators are hot. Does this mean i will have to fit a separate outlet on the other end of the radiator. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Did you refit the small diameter of tube about 3/4 the length of the rad to the twin entry valve again?

Can't remember the name given to this right now :oops:

i may be proved wrong but how can you fit a twin entry rad valve with tube on a new radiator,,,the tube from the valve wont go into the radiator, ive always re piped to one each side on new rad

Sponsored Links
Did you refit the small diameter of tube about 3/4 the length of the rad to the twin entry valve again?

Can't remember the name given to this right now :oops:

Hi there, and thanks for your reply.

I through that piece of tubing away as it would not fit into the new radiator. I guess I will have to get it re-piped so that it is a single entry and return? Is this easy to do yourself or would you recommend calling in the gas man? How much would it cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back