Radiator part warm but not HOT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a radiator in the kitchen which is the farthest point from the boiler. All the other radiators get hot but this one either stays cold or gets luke warm at best. Very occassionally it gets warm but I can't get it to get hot.

Any Ideas

Sponsored Links
sounds like your system needs balancing.Start at the nearest rad & turn down the LS valve to close then open 1 turn continue through the complete system ending with the last rad fully open. This should clear the problem, it seems to be common practice to use elbows rather use a bending machine (I just replaced a system with 28 elbows in it ) the problem with elbows they restrict the flow of water if your pump can't cope you end up with rads not working efficiently. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Friend had one with similar type problem, wouldn't get hot at all.
Removed radiator to flush and clean and replace. Did that cure it? No!
It was a fully pumped system, with a gate valve on the cylinder coil pipe.
This was fully open, so was closed and opened about 1 turn.
This restricted the flow through the coil and cold radiator got warm but not hot like other radiators.
Finally decided to remove pump and the inlet and outlet holes were reduced down to about 6 or 7 mm, obviously restricting the water flow.
Also lookout for a by pass valve, you may have one that is open too much.
Just remember water will take the easiest path and won't want to go to the furthest radiator if it has other easier options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back