Radiator sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to change some of my radiators but what I have seen available are for example: 600mm, 1000mm, 1500mm etc.

How do I measure the radiators I currently have installed? I have one on my bathroom with is 400mm in height and 620mm in width, although that is from the top. 1 cm or so down from the top is a small fin/flange of another 1cm. Or do I measure from distance from the 2 feeder pipes?

I also have one in the bedroom which seems to measure 127cm along the top. Am I measuring in the right place or are my radiators non-standard sizes? They are about 17 years old.

I also have a towel rail wich needs replacing, that is 750mm wide and seems to be a standard size. However, when trying to drain it, the Drayton TRV4 valve doesn't seem to shut off in the * position (off) - any clues? Tried hitting quite a lot with a hammer but no joy.

I took the head off the valve and the pin moves down under pressure, so it's not stuck. Could it be possible that in the * position the pin isn't fully down?

thanks

Sponsored Links
i think you will find that the hammer is a more useful tool for fixing the television.

Hi, just measure it overall top to bottom, end to end
You can get rad valve extenders if needed to makeup any differance in length
your drayton trv4 will have cr@p under the seat So drain it down or read the FAQs for alternatives

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back