radiator sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need to replace a radiator in my kitchen which is an old single panel type. I believe it's type 11 ?

I need to make sure that the new rad will fit on to the existing valve connections.

I have measured the width of the previous radiator at the widest part from each end of the valves which is 830mm and the height is 755mm.

Will this be a standard size radiator or may I have to re-plumb to suit a new one ? The nearest measurements I've seen for sale are 800Wx600H but how do I know if the valves will be the right distance apart for the pipes ?

Also are there any other considerations must I make when buying a new radiator to make sure it'll fit ?

Sorry for noob question and thanks for any help

Paul

Sponsored Links
I have measured the width of the previous radiator at the widest part from each end of the valves which is 830mm and the height is 755mm.
I take it you mean you measure between where the valves screw into the rad. If that is correct, it's an imperial sized rad - 830mm is approx 33 inches.

All rad are now metric. The nearest size, without major pipework changes, is 800mm. You can get adjustable adaptors to fill in the gap.

yes I measured from the end of the threaded area across to the end of the other threaded area (the bits where the nuts screw on to).

Ok I'll look out for some adapters. What about the diameter of the threaded bits to accept the nut ? Is this standard size ? I used a sized 30 spanner on the nut.

Sponsored Links
What about the diameter of the threaded bits to accept the nut ? Is this standard size ? I used a sized 30 spanner on the nut.
The threaded holes in rads are standard size, but the hexagon on the part which attaches to the valve can vary. That's why most plumbers use adjustable spanners.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back