Radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Novice question please.

Bedroom rads upstairs have not being getting hot. I don't have TRV's - they are quite old rads with the valves having the + - symbols. I have turned the valves to max open on both side of the rads and now they are lovely and hot.

The boiler is a new Worcester Bosch greenstar junior. Boiler pressure is fine 1.5 when off 2.

Is this ok what I have done? Just been reading about 'balanced systems' etc and panicking about blowing the house up!

Advice greatly appreciated.

cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply...

The boiler works via a room thermostat in the lounge. Issue was upstairs rads weren't getting hot before thermostat reached required temp down stairs. Been checking them all and they are all nice and hot, so when the thermo reaches it's target now, the whole house has been heated.

Gonna get a plumber to fit TRV over next couple of weeks - just wanted to make sure I hadn't made things unsafe?!

I appreciate any help and further comments

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back