Radiator warm / cold

Glad you got it sorted, and hopefully it was just a balancing issue

Sponsored Links
I think so.
Please tell me.
One radiator in our living room when i unscrewed the trv as id just screwed it down had no affect of heat to the radiator.
I unscrewed the trv & pushed the little pin down a touch,now the radiator has come up hot like the others.

Question.
Can i leave the trv off and just turn the lockshield down & if so is it right off then 1/2 back etc ?

It sounds like the pin may have been stuck or maybe the head is faulty. You can usually get replacement heads if its just that. You can leave the TRV head off and use the lockshield to control the flow but it will not automatically turn the radiator off when the room is at the desired temp. So if the heating is on, that radiator will always output some heat.

As for the lockshield off and then 1/2 back etc... that's all dependant on each radiator/room but what I do is fully close the lockshield and just open it a 1/4 and see how that goes and if the flow/heat is not quite enough then open it a little more and so on...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back