Radiator won't go cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a new home and found that when the thermostat is off, 2 of the radiators upstairs will not go cold. I have tried bleeding them and now don't know what to do. I have tried turning the radiators completley off. they then go cold but when i turn them back on they go back to warm, even with the thermostat off. any ideas would be appriciated.

Sponsored Links
if 2 rads don't go off but the rest do, your best chance is that they are piped up wrong.
If that is the case, you would do well finding a reliable RGI and get him to check out the system and tell you what it needs doing

Just moved into a new home and found that when the thermostat is off, 2 of the radiators upstairs will not go cold. I have tried bleeding them and now don't know what to do. I have tried turning the radiators completley off. they then go cold but when i turn them back on they go back to warm, even with the thermostat off. any ideas would be appriciated.

More information on the system type will help.

Sponsored Links
If the rest of the rads are turning off, you may well find that the two you are referring to have passing thermostatic valves. If that is the case you may have to replace the valve washers or the valves themselves.

More than likely a pipework problem. What will depend on the type of system, age of system etc.

Definitely not a TRV problem.

My moneys on incorrectly piped hot water return connection.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back