radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a wall mounted radiator to the centre of my wall but want to hide the pipework into the wall does anybody know how deep i need to channel into the wall,the wall is going to be replastered afterwards and do i need to support the pipes once in the wall and what with :?:

Sponsored Links
I want to fit a wall mounted radiator to the centre of my wall but want to hide the pipework into the wall does anybody know how deep i need to channel into the wall,the wall is going to be replastered afterwards and do i need to support the pipes once in the wall and what with :?:

Well it depends on the size of the pipe work you intend to use, also what material? do you intend to bend the pipe or use manufactured bends?
if using copper it will need to be protected from the plaster, and the pipe work should be secured normally using nail in clips

i useally go about 35mm deep fit the 15mm pipe in a conduit then secure with a few saddle clips and backfill with browning before plastering.

Sponsored Links
hi seco may sound stupid but you have lost me with the backfill and browning please explain

pipe in conduit.
p2634440_x.jpg

pipe clipped.
wQ.jpg

backfill channel before plastering wall with browning
but save buying a bag your plasterer will more likely sort that.
prd_browningco_hgh.jpg

hi seco where is best place to get browning and is it like a filler then you plaster over the top thanks for help and do you no how much roughly the browning is :D

most buliders merchants plasterer supplies.
wickes do it about £7 but your not going to get through a whole bag.

you just mix with water depending on the channel you can backfill over 2 days when the first lots dry so it don't all fall out the hole.
ready for your final skim etc.

BROWNING

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back