Radiators which are not completely true

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've fitted several double panel radiators recently and two 1800mm & 2000mm (Kudox from Screwfix) were not completely true along their length making it difficult to fit onto the middle bracket properly as they normally bowed outwards in the middle. I've either had to try and bend out the bracket welded at the back of the rad or bend out the clip on the wall bracket, not ideal.

My question is this. Is this to be expected or should I be returning these? If not return, what would a recommended fix be?

Sponsored Links
Return them, they are damaged. The number of time I have had to return screwfix rads:mad:

I know, not one rad of the larger size I've received has been right, either it's been dented or bowed. They are a pain to handle as I'm on my own trying to fit something that's awkward to handle and weights 60kg.

The Parcel Force guys get very annoyed when they have to deliver them and tbh I don't blame them. When boxed they are a nightmare to even handle when you are on your own. No wonder they get damaged. The last one I replaced had obviously been pushed and then allowed to drop from a fair height. I wouldn't be surprised if Screwfix cease deliveries of these heavy items.

Sponsored Links
The Parcel Force guys get very annoyed when they have to deliver them
Not as annoyed as I get when the delivery company will not allow you to expect them before they hand them over/signed for.
Nothing worse than getting set up to start a job, only to tell the customer the rads are damaged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back