Rain into cavity wall of unfinished build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

We are battling to complete a winter build of a two storey extension and garage and the weather continues to be dreadful - snow, rain and frosts almost continuously since the end of Nov.

I am concerned that our cavities aren't covered well enough and there is definately a high percentage of rain fall getting in. Outside wall is standard brick, cavity is 100mm ISOVER insulation and inside wall Durox block and concrete block in the garage.

Can you tell me how much of a problem this is, if at all, and explain how the water will eventually evaporate and to where?

We have been 10 days from completing since the end of Nov - incredibly frustrating.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sponsored Links
I shouldn't worry, once the roof is on everything will start to dry out. Most of it will have dried out naturally , the rest through the masonry.

There would have to be a continuous supply of water or a miracle to prevent the cavity from eventually drying out.

There will also be many occasions throughout the buildings' life where the cavities will have moisture ingress, either due to continuous driven rain or interstitial condensation from within.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back