Ran out of oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes, it's another one of those "run out of oil" queries.

I have a Danesmoor 20/25 boiler and I ran out of oil on Thursday. They filled it up today, and I've just tried hitting the restart button but it won't fire up. I've searched through this forum and have tried to bleed the oil pump as suggested, but nothing seems to happen. I slackened the screw and was expecting frothy oil to come out when I started the boiler, but nothing. I also read that I should remove the inlet pipe to see if oil comes through but I'm a bit of a scared girl and worried I'll take off the wrong thing. It took me an hour to work out which bit was the oil pump, and a further hour to find the courage to turn the bleed port.

Should I just call a plumber? I'm just so sick of being cold! :cry:

Thanks in advance,

Emma

Sponsored Links
keep hitting the red lockout button ,say 5 attempts. remember you have to wait a minute before you can press again. but on them burners i have done the above and it worked ok.

if you got to tank..there will be a filter in the sytem somewhere..probably red in colour. slacken the two screws. air will prob come out.

err then do em up again :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back