Danesmoor 20/25 boiler ran out of oil bleeder not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester utility boiler ran out of oil. I have sucked the oil through the feeder(UGHH!) but when I restart nothing comes out of the bleeder and consequently the boiler won't start. I have checked everywhere I can for help. Don't know if the filter needs changing but can't even find this. Can't get hold of any boiler maintenance people. Please help asap.

Sponsored Links
Undo the pressure test point at the pump. It should push fuel out as it turns the pump over. If not possible if your ran out of oil the pump is now stuffed.

Thanks. Can you please tell me where the pressure test point is on the pump?

It is an Electro Oil Inter B11

I have just looked at the diagram of the burner and have been using the alan key on the pressure adjustment screw. Does this mean I have not found the bleeder? If so, where is it because the picture doesn't show one!!!

Sponsored Links
Have now found the bleeding bleeder!!! No diagram says this. It is the pressure gauge port on the diagram I have seen. Having pressed the reset switch and opened this valve it started first time. Still going now 5 mins later. Fingers crossed it will work until we can get our ususal boiler man in.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Lin, if you have adjusted the pressure adjusting screw on the pump the pressure needs to be set properly real soon......the bleed screw is where you screw a pressure gauge in to, which I guess you have found!
John :)

Thanks John

It's been running now for an hour. What will happen if the pressure is not regulated over the weekend?

If the pressure is too low, there will likely be some black smoke - too much pressure will cause a bit of overfiring (overheating due to a too large flame) in the boiler.
Don't worry about it, just get it set when you can. Hopefully it will start up in the morning fine.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back