Rated People any good?

Sponsored Links
It is sad, but it seems if tradesmen can't get enough work these agencies will help them find it, the work is not rated, they are simply an agency who help find work, well in real terms often the reverse, I know if I see they are a member of one of these agencies I would not employ them, if they are any good it is unlikely they would spend out advertising with one of these agencies, so I always avoid them, however my daughter got caught, and I am sure many more are caught.

Rated they may be, but not top rate, they are bottom rated. OK there will be some good guys in the bunch, the guy who has got fed up with his boss creaming off the top so has decided to go as a sole trader, but has no work he can show others as having been done by him, but in the main it's the chancers who go for these organisations.

Again being far even the scheme providers under the government system have been brought to task, which is why in England a lot of Part P requirements were dropped, it was pointed out what the rate of dementia is, so it would be expected that the scheme providers would have a similar percentage of people thrown off the scheme, however it was no where near that rate, it may be hard to get in a scheme, but once in, few are thrown off the scheme, and even when they are, it seems nothing to stop them joining another scheme, it seems black lists are not permitted, so no way for new provider to find out.

It's like having your driving licence revoked in Wales, so you go to England and re-take your test, so can drive again.

Sponsored Links
Some good out there. I've had a few people off My Builder - driveway, loft conversion and concrete shed base, and the work was all OK really. Driveway wasn't great, but we wanted a cheap service, not an excellent one.

But, it's always a risk. But ... the first building work I had done was from a recommendation, and it turned out they were cowboys, our friend just didn't realise at the time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back