Rated People any good?

Wouldn't let me put it up
Well that says everything doesn't it. Same with Amazon. I submitted a 1 star review. They rejected it. revised it about 10 times changing words etc. but they rejected every one. (Even researched and removed banned words and phrases). Last attempt I just tried 2 words. 'Don't buy'. They still rejected it:D

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wish the teachers that compiled my school reports had worked on the same basis.

Wouldn't let me put it up
Well that says everything doesn't it. Same with Amazon. I submitted a 1 star review. They rejected it. revised it about 10 times changing words etc. but they rejected every one. (Even researched and removed banned words and phrases). Last attempt I just tried 2 words. 'Don't buy'. They still rejected it:D
They only want the great reviews! Whole point of a review is to give honest feedback. When i questioned Rated People about him being bankrupt and stealing money from me they gave a standard load of dribble as a response.

Use Buy With Confidence - it's run by Trading Standards who have absolutely no interest whatsoever in keeping tradesmen happy. They call 10 people off your customer list for references before they let you sign up, and they conduct annual face-to-face reviews of performance

Sponsored Links
I worked with rated people for 1 year and I have never been mistreated by someone the way rated people mistreated me with there policy.

Rated people is a bad advertising to good tradesman, favoring the homeowners to post as many jobs as possible. They encourage the homeowner to wait for 3 quotes and to chose the cheapest one not the best solution encouraging cheep work no quality work.
The homeowners can rate you before you even get there, which is not normal.
In some houses it is impossible to work because the place is a total mess and a bacterial zone and you can't refuse because they will give you bad rate in before you can even start the job.
You go to the place you spend time and money, you give the homeowners the best ways to solve the problems and after they have the information they say they want a second opinion.
Be aware that whatever you make with rated people about 33% -38% you play the information to rated people.
Sent from my iPhone

Lee jones from crosby building services got him off rated people has stolen £1.230 of my 79 year old mother in July this year. Said he was going to do agood job, just didn't turn up on the day, said someone had ripped him off, dont believe him, my mum payed him the money upfront because he said he needed to pay howdens the deposit for the kitchen, when he didn't show up we rang howdens and they said he hadn't payed any money to them, so basically he stole the money nd run, I hope nobody goes through what we have he's an absolute rat cowboy stealing off anyone is bad but off a women how is 79 he know she lives on her own.
STAY AWAY FROM LEE JONES CROSBY BUILDING SERVICES

Regards janet Moakes

Last edited:
Lee jones from crosby building services got him off rated people has stolen £1.230 of my 79 year old mother in July this year. Said he was going to do a job, just didn't turn up on the day, said someone had ripped him off, do believe him, my mum payed him the money upfront because he said he needed to pay howdens the deposit for the kitchen, when he didn't show up we rang howdens and they said he hadn't payed any money to them, so basically he stole the money nd run, I hope nobody goes through what we have he's an absolute rat cowboy stealing off anyone is bad but off a women how is 79 he know she lives on her own.
STAY AWAY FROM LEE JONES CROSBY BUILDING SERVICES

Regards janet Moakes
Morning Janet and sorry to read your tale of woe, yes there are bad apples in every barrel however the mods may edit or remove your post on the grounds of slander or similar.
Please edit your post as I have done in your quote because the sad people out there will use the phone number then if anybody wishes to contact you they will use the personal messaging system if the post is allowed to remain.
Believe there is a website where you can post your full warning message to advoid.

Hi thanks for replying
It's only slander if it's not true.
The coward won't answer his phone, ive removed my number. Just don't want anyone going through the same asl my mum has.

Hi thanks for replying
It's only slander if it's not true.
The coward won't answer his phone, ive removed my number. Just don't want anyone going through the same asl my mum has.
Totally agree however slander was the only word I could think of due to sat morning brain freeze :ROFLMAO:

This man is a con man. Ripped off loads of people in Merseyside. Gave a customer I know a heart attack and caused their marriage to break up. Years back this and he’s still doing it !!!

I got him off rated people, his reviews are so good, he done a good job for me that's way I recommend him fo my mums kitchen, he didn't show up, he has caused my mum to be ill, I feel so guilty I let him in my mums house. I know I won't see any money back, I am determined to tell everyone. thanks for replying and telling me what you know.
This happened 4th of July 2019

Last edited:
I got him off rated people, his reviews are so good, he done a good job for me that's way I recommend him fo my mums kitchen, he didn't show up, he has caused my mum to be ill, I feel so guilty I let him in my mums house. I know I won't see any money back, I am determined to tell everyone. thanks for replying and telling me what you know.
7 year old post

Somebody has picked up on the fact that your first post was tacked onto a thread from a few years ago Janet, guess they would rather you had started a new one - Don`t worry about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back