Rated people

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a lead. Turns out have already met the client regarding some other work. Asked about some bookcases she wants building then tells me she's getting a friend to do them and she must remove the job. in the mean time me and two others have paid £20+ each for nothing. Think theres any chance I will get my money back? As it's not a genuine lead

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Bought a lead.

Leads are for dogs. ;)

If people use mickey mouse sites to get work, you may end up with mickey mouse customers. I don't know how these sites work exactly, but how do you bid on a job you haven't seen?

You don't bid for a job.
Customer posts the job.
You then buy the lead, customers name, number email address.
Then go and quote. Had a couple of jobs through them.

Is the £20 fee standard for any size of job :confused:

Those sites are a waste of time, you dont know how many leads are given to each tradesmen, they could have given that info to a dozen trades, they are the ones making the money at £20 a go.
Ask for your money back and invest in a bit of local advertising.

Supposedly it's only meant to go to 3 tradesmen. Have had a couple of small jobs out of it....
Might go back to local papers like when I first started out... :unsure:

handyman77";p="2211696 said:
Supposedly it's only meant to go to 3 tradesmen. Have had a couple of small jobs out of it....
handyman77";p="2211696 said:

How much were the jobs worth?

I would like to "earn" £20 x 3 for providing leads.|It must beat actually doing the jobs!

Jobs under a £100 are a fiver+ of which I've had 2. Earnt £160 for what equated to 5 hours work. Am also entered in to proposed works for a 1 bed flat aprox. £8 k and rising. I got this lead for free when I signed up it would have cost £46+. So it's not all time wasters, just some....

Sponsored Links
Back