rated people be warned

If you are quiet and wondering if the phone will ring ever again (as I found myself in Aug 2012), join, get your first quote and leave......

Mine happened to be a Boiler Replacement (punter accepted dearest option, as it happened). He chose me because I took my boots off without being asked when quoting.

I made the mistake (weapons grade!!!) of continuing 'membership' at £48 per quarter, even though though by the mid-sept I did not need them ever again.

So take (and win) the first big 'free' lead and scarper
Best of British
DH

You said that you were chosen... So were you chosen out of two or three tradesmen ?

Sponsored Links
as far as I can remember three of us did a survey/quoted.

with a £3.5k job (as it turned out) I was glad to a) win it, b) not have to pay the leeches/parasites/lead providers -delete as appropriate! for the privilidge

DH

I joined rated people last month, was given £30 of free credit and away you go. I am a small business and therefore felt it could be beneficial, I got my first job lead fairly quickly spoke to the client and she wasn't exactly sure when she wanted the job done and would keep my number. I used all my credits up with only getting one job rewarded. I now pay a monthly fee plus the cost of the job lead.
My grief is that I have purchased a job within 5 minutes of receiving email, paid £8.40 for the job rang the customer to find they have already got someone. When you purchase the job only then do you see if it has been purchased by anyone else.
One job was still on my leads after three days so I purchased it, rang up the customer who told me he had someone already and had forgotten to take off the job. I rang Rated People who said because he had had the job done yet it was still open , I said that he was waiting on a tenant to move that week before he could get it done and he was sorry the job hadn't been deleted. Rated People said its against their policy to remove the job till it was finished, I said that I have paid £8.40 for nothing, they said you have to sell your business to the customer on price and negotiate. When you ring the customer back and asked what they have been quoted they get very defensive and say they happy with the quote they have.
I said that I thought the whole point of you was to stop customers getting harassed by workman. So basically its not all what its cracked up to be, I was warned by a friend about these sort of sites and ok its not millions of pounds but its still a conn and not fair the way smaller business are treated and by companies who are meant to be on our side.

Sponsored Links
not fair the way smaller business are treated and by companies who are meant to be on our side.

They are never on your side, they exist with one single purpose in mind, to relieve you of your money.

It's unbelievable that people let themselves be duped out of money by these leeches.

Back