ravenheat 120t lo nox combi noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , since replacing the relief valve my boiler has become noisy , it sounds like a pulsing hum from the pump . it works ok but the pressure rises from 2 to 3 ( I think that's normal but not sure ). any advice gratefully received thanks.

Sponsored Links
You say the pressure rises from 2 to 3, does that mean your pressure, when the system is cold, is 2 bar. That is a bit high 1.5 is the most you need, about 1.2 is better. The pressure rising to 3 is likely to open the PRV and get dirt under the seating, as you've just fitted a new one it would be prudent to sort this or you may well need another one very soon.

thanks Mick,
yes the pressure is set at 2 but I did lower it to about 1.5 , this gradually rose to just over 2 as the heating was on . when it goes any higher I drain some water back down to 1.5 . I never had this problem before the valve went faulty

You should disconnect the filling loop, it 's probably passing (not turning off properly)

Sponsored Links
It seems to me that your expansion vessel is faulty or needs repressurising. Thats probably what caused your PRV to need changing.

Pressure at 1.5 cold should rise to about 1.8 hot.

See the FAQ on this site for instructions to check and repressurise the EXV.

Tony Glazier

It seems to me that your expansion vessel is faulty or needs repressurising. Thats probably what caused your PRV to need changing.

Pressure at 1.5 cold should rise to about 1.8 hot.

See the FAQ on this site for instructions to check and repressurise the EXV.

Tony Glazier
thanks tony, it wasn't so much the pressure that bothered me but the pulsing noise although the pressure will need to be addressed. Jim

The noise is probably just air in rthe bvoiler.

Is the AAV cap loose and did you bleed the pump?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back