Ravenheat Boiler Issues

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees on these without changing the ch thermistor. Change that and you will have at least a level playing field and more probably a working boiler.
Part number is 0007TER05005/0 and yes its the same as the DHW if it's the screw in type.
Some of the later models have a clip on version.

Sponsored Links
Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees on these without changing the ch thermistor. Change that and you will have at least a level playing field and more probably a working boiler.
Part number is 0007TER05005/0 and yes its the same as the DHW if it's the screw in type.
Some of the later models have a clip on version.

Thank you for all your help in this thread. Part ordered, i'll keep you posted :)

Heating came on fine today but the shower was still playing up. Would be great if £5 solved the problem.

Update.

Fitted both CH and DHW Sensor, all plugged back in place and now the boiler won't ignite! :( it makes all the right noises like it wants to then just before the point of ignite and won't do it. Please help.

I can hear the fan and the clicking noise as if it's about to ignite but then does nothing. After 10-15 seconds of trying the red 'overheat and/or flame failure light indicator light' comes on at the front.

Had a look on a forum and it said to run the 3hot taps at the same time, this ignited the boiler but only for about 10seconds then went out. Will call someone out if I have to but was hoping there was a few things I could check myself prior to that.

Sounds like another problem going on there.

Ok I'll assume there are 3 lights on the front of your boiler and it's actually showing as flame failure orange rather than overheat red.

If you can hear clicking I'll also assume that you can hear the spark ignitor trying to light the pilot. The pilot most likely won't light for one of the following reasons and in this order:-

1 You have knocked the flame sensing lead or maybe ignition lead off the red [sometimes blue] ignition box. Possibly you may have damaged one of these wires when you changed the DHW sensor which was working ok!
2 Perhaps you haven't turned the gas on fully [which didn't need to be off to replace a sensor anyhow] or have knocked it off accidentally at the meter.
3 The pilot injector or sometimes the tube leading to it is blocked in which case you need an RGI to replace the pilot assembly. They're about £30
Cleaning the injector is difficult and not worth the chew and it's often worth spending a few quid on a new ignition electrode too.
4 Gas valve not opening. I'd be really surprised if you got this far. Try the other stuff again ;) :evil:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like another problem going on there.

Ok I'll assume there are 3 lights on the front of your boiler and it's actually showing as flame failure orange rather than overheat red.

If you can hear clicking I'll also assume that you can hear the spark ignitor trying to light the pilot. The pilot most likely won't light for one of the following reasons and in this order:-

1 You have knocked the flame sensing lead or maybe ignition lead off the red [sometimes blue] ignition box. Possibly you may have damaged one of these wires when you changed the DHW sensor which was working ok!
2 Perhaps you haven't turned the gas on fully [which didn't need to be off to replace a sensor anyhow] or have knocked it off accidentally at the meter.
3 The pilot injector or sometimes the tube leading to it is blocked in which case you need an RGI to replace the pilot assembly. They're about £30
Cleaning the injector is difficult and not worth the chew and it's often worth spending a few quid on a new ignition electrode too.
4 Gas valve not opening. I'd be really surprised if you got this far. Try the other stuff again ;) :evil:

Thank you for your detailed reply.

It's been a hectic week and only getting round to replying now.

Last Friday evening after fitting both sensors it wouldn't ignite as mentioned above then it started to ignite for about 7 seconds then go out and repeat another two times then shut off with red warning light on, there is only two lights on the front of my boiler one for power and one for flame failure/overhead.

I switched the boiler off again then tried and away it went and hasn't looked back since, the hot water issue seems to have been solved as well.

I didn't turn off the gas and I was very careful with wires etc. The boiler hasn't been serviced in a while, is it a case it might just need a good service?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back