Ravenheat CSI 85 AT boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help My boiler has packed up and I cant fix it I have replaced the DHW & CH thermistors and now the fan works again but the boiler will still not fire unless you blow on the red tube that goes from the flue to the air pressure switch if you blow and pich the tube when it fires it will keep running but as soon as you let go of the tube it cuts out again. I put a brand new Ravenheat air pressure switch on today and it has made no difference, I have also lubricated the fan shaft and I runs nice and freely. What next as I have run out of ideas THANKS in advance chaps and chapeses.

Sponsored Links
Some more ideas:-

The cover has to be on properly before the boiler will fire.

Fans go wrong often on this model. Oiling it lasts a while but basically the bearings are knackered and you will need a new one sooner than later.

A flue with more than one bend and/or additional lengths needs to be in accordance with instructions.

The point where the red tube connects to the flue should be at 90º to the direction of the flue says Ravenheat. Experience says try it in different positions.

Take the red tube off from the APS and blow a good lung full or two of air down it, then put it back on.

THANKYOU THANKYOU Slugbaby I just screwed the front back on and it fired up straight away, so I think it must have been just the thermistors in the fist place, so I didnt need to replace the air pressure switch but nevermind it works and thats the important thing once again THANKYOU very much. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
boilers heating did not work so i changed the swith connected to the 3 way valve the heating then began to work in heat mode when i pressed switch manually so i then checked hot water it too was working on water mode i checked heating again but forgot to change to heat mode but heat was still working on water mode i am confused can anyone help???

Boogyman, you should start your own thread instead of adding to an old one which is from over a year ago.

It would help if you could explain yourself more clearly. I dont understand what you are trying to explain.

Tony

boilers heating did not work so i changed the swith connected to the 3 way valve the heating then began to work in heat mode when i pressed switch manually so i then checked hot water it too was working on water mode i checked heating again but forgot to change to heat mode but heat was still working on water mode i am confused can anyone help???
what i,m saying is i replaced microswitch read the rest of the question again

what i,m saying is i replaced microswitch read the rest of the question again :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back