ravenheat csi 85 lighting issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this crap thing for about 10 months now and apart from the replacing the fan unit after 2 days (should have know there were problems to come) it has worked fine.
It stopped working on Boxing day (been very cold) and I have checked what I can (obvious stuff) and I have managed to get it to ignite by blowing into the tube on the air pressure switch (so proves that basic functions are OK i.e. the ignition board, Fan etc)
Does this indicate that the pressure switch has gone or is there something else that could be causing issues.

PS anyone fancy taking a class action against Ravenheat?

Sponsored Links
Its the pressure from the fan that activates the APS.

Unfortunately APSs are very sensitive devices and should only be "blown towards" not "into" as this can damage them.

The fan venturi may be blocked, there may be moisture in the air tubes or the flue may be blocked, damaged or something else.

In spite of your experiences, Ravenheat boilers can give good service if properly installed.

Tony

in that case, how would someone from Ravenheat diagnose the problem?
No water in the tubes(s) as I've had these off
One tube going to exhaust, the other not going anywhere (apart from near the fan)
It has been very windy here of late. Could this be the issue?
But then again, it would have had to do something to knock things out

Is the venturi tube where it goes into the flue restrictor ring at 90º to the direction of the flue. If not make it so it is! It's surprising how this can make a difference on these boilers.
Another quirk is that it can work ok for 6 months to 2 years then suddenly be an issue. Dont ask me why or how but thats the way it goes

Sponsored Links
was the PCB.....water had dripped down onto it. Replaced, working OK again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back