Ravenheat He85 mis firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just spent £50 on a new air pressure switch as advised by 2 plumbers and fitted it my HE85 condensing combi boiler.
But that still didn't fix it!! :(

It runs fine for 10 mins, then the burner cuts out. The fan continues to run, and after about 5 seconds, the boiler makes a hollow 'whoomp' sound, the combustion chamber cover shudders, and the burner comes back on for a few seconds.

It runs ok when the tap of the shower are on, and the burner runs continuously for as long as hot water is needed. It also runs ok for abour 15 mins after turning of the hop taps, then goes back to what it was doing before!

I called the guy we had round, and he said he had no idea what else it could be.

The boiler is about 18 months old.

Please, can anyone give me a suggestion before I smash the bloody thing of the wall!

Ta

Sponsored Links
If this is an 'A' rated Ravenheat then it has a 3 year manufacturers warranty. Why are you spending money on this if it's under warranty?

Could be the fan modulation board.

Could be the burner pressure max/min settings out of adjustment.

Sounds like when it comes back on it is not igniting first time.

Sponsored Links
Turns out it was the fan modulation board and the air pressure switch. Just managed to get Ravenheat round to fix it under warranty. No more banging boiler (hopefully)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back