Ravenheat RSF 620/20 No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am sorry to drop in unannounced!

however i would like some help on diagnosing my boiler problem! its a Ravenheat RSF820/20 and has been perfect for the last 10yrs that i have been in the house, i have been topping it up several times a week as the pressure drops down from 1.5 to just under 1.bar when the central heating has been on for several hours, i know there must be a leak but i cant seem to find it anywhere? i cant even see it coming from the expansion pipe.
That aside the heating works pretty much ok its just that my hot water is luke warm and i cant get it any hotter, if i have the central heating on it makes a little bit of a difference but not a great deal, could this be the Diverter Valve and if so is it a costly and big job to replace.
i am not a plumber but i can turn my hand to almost anything so as long as i can get hold of the part i will attempt a repair, obviously unless it involves messing with the gas.

Thanks in advance guys and have a happy new year. :D

Sponsored Links
You've done very well to have a perfect Ravenheat for 10 years! That's got to be a record.

You may well have a split hot water diaphragm and the diverter valve may also be passing to the rads.

You can replaced the whole valve...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravenheat-RSF-Diverter-Valve-5012049/dp/B005H5Y8V0

Or you could just fit the diaphragm...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravenheat-Diverter-Repair-5012051-Diaphragm/dp/B005Q6MLAA

If you only fit the diaphragm you can strip/clean the diverter valve instead of replacing it.

This won't cure a pressure loss fault though. You may need to recharge the expansion vessel and possibly replace the pressure relief valve.

Or you could just have a leak somewhere.

Expansion vessel needs recharging.

A new diverter valve diaphragm and a strip and clean should
have it running for another 10 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back