Ravenheat RSF 84 - thermistor!?!

this boiler is crazy.
right just turned the CH on, lights up ok, so i turn the hot water on, still burning, then i turn the CH off and the boiler is still burning. So then i stop the DHW and the boiler goes of, I leave it for a bit then turn the DHW on again and it burns up fine. :S
absolute madness?!?!?
gonna leave it for a while then see if it lights again with just the DHW, fingers crossed ey

ye is mad how things work like there supposed to. :confused:

Sponsored Links
If fan and pump are still running after the heating has went off then the boiler isnt as bad as u think !

since u have turned on the HW when u have had the CH runnin the water has taken priority. Not to sure on that model but ravenheats have anticycles which means when the CH switches its self off, it wont come back on for a few mintues

this boiler is crazy.
right just turned the CH on, lights up ok, so i turn the hot water on, still burning, then i turn the CH off and the boiler is still burning. So then i stop the DHW and the boiler goes of, I leave it for a bit then turn the DHW on again and it burns up fine. :S
absolute madness?!?!?
gonna leave it for a while then see if it lights again with just the DHW, fingers crossed ey

ye is mad how things work like there supposed to. :confused:

the point is it wasnt working like it was suppost too (read earlier posts!)

sorted plumbing, I cant find nothing in the manual about the diaphragm, could you explain to me what it is and where i would most likely find it? thanks

Sponsored Links
Try looking for diverter valve!

If no one has told you the sensors on a Ravenheat are usually 25k cold.

Tony

its inside the 3way valve part number 008val03010/0

Diampharm kit for that 3way valve u need! just phone ravenheat parts and they well sell you it.

is it easy to change when i have the part. I am fairly competent at DIY, i ve changed a CH pump at my mothers and all works fine.
and is the Diaphragm found in the diverter valve?

yes its inside 3wayvalve. when you see the diapharm you will understand wot part it goes. it tells you in the instructions how to do it! just remember to turn off the valves and drain the boiler.

1st time i done one it took ages

right heres my thinking, i see replacing the Diaphragm being a pain in the back side and would cost about 15-20 quid, i could get a whole replacement valve for 30-35 quid, would it be easier and safer to replace the whole value?

is it easy to change when i have the part. I am fairly competent at DIY, i ve changed a CH pump at my mothers and all works fine.
and is the Diaphragm found in the diverter valve?

I've had my CSI to bits loads of times (I'm not CORGI registered or part P) and I'm still alive! Living with this boiler is really a labour of love.
The diaphragm is best removed and examined first to see if it has perished or split (or has some crap which is causing an issue) Simple thing to take apart and replace. If it’s not perished or split then it’s not the diaphragm.
Things I have learnt the hard way:
Its always simple parts that go! This means thermostats. I now consider these routine replacement items.
They do stop the boiler from lighting (or remaining lit) it's their function.

The fan either turns or it sticks. If it sticks, then oil it.
The issues I have found many times are the seal on the front face. If too much air is being sucked in, it cuts out.

PCB is of quite poor quality with very inexpensive components.
The PCB hates water but because of the very low voltage across it, you can get away with a lot.

I always (twice a year) remove the heat exchanger (DHW) and fill it with powdered citric acid and leave it for a couple of hours. This is amazing stuff and cleans a lot of crap (and is great for any brass fittings)

The gas valves are Honeywell so they are good quality and should never really go.

I do have a very strange thing going on at the moment which is this:
Morning times, DHW with immediate effect.
Afternoons (warm) then kitchen feed is not igniting the boiler and will run straight through but if I turn on the bathroom taps, it runs hot!
This has to be something to do with the PCB when heated it expands and is maybe causing a short.

Still I can't imagine life where I was not involved with my CSI at least every month

it would be alot easier to replace full valve. not bought one in a while but im sure they are near the 100 quid but yes it is alot easier to change full valve

Mr Bluemore, where do you get your citric acid crystals?

Tony

hi tony

I buy citric acid cristals from an asian food shop they use it in cooking,
I use them to restore grandfather clock movement brass parts then i can pollish them up ready to assemble I do it for a hobby

Mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back