Ravenheat RSF82E No Hot Water

so try the hot water on DHW/CH, if it doesnt work its back to the board, and you could measure the new thermistors to be sure they are within limits.(just to keep tony happy)

Sponsored Links
The system pressure switch has the same effect on CH or DHW.

Thats to stop the boiler working if the pressure is too low, typically below 0.6 Bar.

Tony

I tried that, still no hot water in DHW/CH position sadly!

What readings am I looking for on the thermistors please? :)

I think they are about 25 k when cold.

Most other boilers are 13 k though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm getting 50.4 and 53K... Boiler is cold - last time the thermistors played up though it knocked the CH out straight away..

I dont know what the sensors should measure but I would take a guess with both reading roughly the same they are ok.

Is it still looking like the control PCB then? or will the lack of continuity on the summer/winter switch on the DHW setting on the main switch cause me problems?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a right wuss when it comes to cold showers! :LOL:

no the DHW/CH switch is ok, looking more like the main PCB, but as always there are no guarantees.

It should not work if there is a fault.

I have just been looking at the manual for the boiler.

I do find it annoying that they do niot put the sensor resistance in their book.

At their place John Wilson said they were all 25 k. However, I thought that I had measured some as 13 k.

Tony

I would change the wires around on the microswitch as I changed the diverter and put the wires the wrong way around, so only I called a proper plummer he put this right what a plonker I am!!!!

It should not work if there is a fault.

I have just been looking at the manual for the boiler.

I do find it annoying that they do niot put the sensor resistance in their book.

At their place John Wilson said they were all 25 k. However, I thought that I had measured some as 13 k.

Tony

10k thermistors on these 007TER05005/0 Here's a resistance chart I got from John Wilson who definitely said they were 10k :p

BTW this post is 2 1/2 years old .... just saying!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back