rcbo query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have come to a new installation all circuits are rcbo protected, on one of the rcbo,s the white fly lead going to the earth bar has been cut too short to reach its correct position. do i crimp and extend or do i replace the rcbo?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes a crimp will be just fine, use a red one and fold the bare copper from the white lead to about three time its original thickness to get a good surface area to crimp.

cheers guys for quick response.... i have some single 1.5mm i can use to crimp. just thought id check its not against any regulation on a new installation.
while on the topic is there spade crimps availabe that fit into the terminations like what the fly lead comes with originally, went to the wholesalers today and they only had the red ones that are too big ( or rather looked to big for the terminals)

thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you aren't talking about bootlace ferrules?

images

I doubt you really mean a spade crimp:

images

P.S. Bootlace ferrules require a different tool to insulated crimps!

They are talking about through crimps - they make short wires into longer wires - unfortunately way over your head sherlock.

Lol keep up - they finished talking about through crimps and then went on to talking about terminating the end of the wire. :rolleyes:

They are talking about through crimps - they make short wires into longer wires - unfortunately way over your head sherlock.

Lol keep up - they finished talking about through crimps and then went on to talking about terminating the end of the wire. :rolleyes:

It would seem that some people have difficulty in reading, processing and understanding. Quite concerning for someone who is trying to give advice if they cant read the question, or a sub-question and then they cant understand the regs properly either.

OP, dont let people confuse you, a through crimp is not intended to be used for crimping over the end of a cable before it is terminated in a earth bar. Someone has interfered and the information in which you have supplied has gone way over their head.

Are you sure you aren't talking about bootlace ferrules?

I doubt you really mean a spade crimp:
He might have meant pin connectors:

CTPINSLASHR.JPG

P.S. Bootlace ferrules require a different tool to insulated crimps!
But pins don't, and if there's a worry that the flying earth wire is too fine to go straight into the earth bar then a crimped pin will do the trick.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back