RCD won't reset

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently tested my RCD by pressing the test button. But I couldn't reset it without first switching off all the mcb's; is this normal? The consumer unit was only changed a couple of months ago so I can't imagine that it would be faulty.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Sometimes when a few filtered appliances are switched on simultaneously they can cause the RCD to trip, did you try to reset with everything unplugged?
Sector 80A could be a GE board, or what looks like a Volex board. Sector is Rexel Senates own brand and is usually just a re-badged product made by someone else.
How many RCDs are there and how many circuits?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, yes on closer inspection it's a GE board. My mistake, I meant to say that the RCD was replaced recently NOT the consumer unit .

There's just one RCD and 8 MCB's. I did try unplugging everything and then reseting it but I still needed to switch off the MCB's first.

Thank you

Why was the RCD replaced?

Had you previously had bother with it tripping?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back