RE: BOILER SWITCH 900 PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

RE: BOILER SWITCH 900 PROBLEM

I recently came across your great forum by accident and hence I have just joined as I'm after some HELP Please !!!

I currently have a Switchmaster 900 programmer fitted to my central heating system, controlling heating and hot water.

MY PROBLEM - The timer has ceased to function !!!

Can someone please recommend what would be either the best replacement for a Switchmaster 900 CentralHeatingController or if this is a fixable problem as my switch has never broken down before and if so what is the fix ?

If unfixable, then I would prefer an electro-mechanical version if possible otherwise a digital compatible, if no alternative is available, and also one that requires the least re-wiring.

Question #1 Is the problem Fixable ? What is the Fix ?

Question #2 How easy a task will it be with the different wiring system to fit ?

question #3 If unfixable - Which replacement item is best Mechanical or Digital and please advise model number and which type is best ?

Question #4 Where can I find one and how much would it cost as mine is old and hence may not make them anymore ?

Question #5 Where can I find a link or a copy of the original manual for the switchmaster 900 to get the original wiring diagram from....

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks In advance

Wolverine747 :(

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info 45yearsagasman – However, I have no idea which one to best choose.

I would prefer to replace the current version I have with a similar version if possible as I’m rather fond of the electro mechanical version and especially since I have had the Boiler for the last 10 years and this is the first time that I have had anything go wrong with it.

Can anyone please suggest or recommend where best to get hold of a replacement Switchmaster 900 please and how much it would cost ?

Thanks.
Wolverine747

Sponsored Links
Dear All,

Can someone please advise me which Boiler Programmer would be best suited to purchase and is compatible and is also easy to fit and most reliable as a replacement for my faulty Switchmaster 900 from the list below as uinsure which one to choose:-

1. Danfoss 7 Day Digital Timer – FP715 si
2. Horstmann – Centaur Plus C21
3. Siemens RWB29
4. Horstmann 425 Tiara Programmer

Also how much I can expect to pay for one of these items.

Thanks.
Wolverine747 :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back