Re: GET or MK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering the wireless system to control lights/lamps etc via a r/c. Im also looking into the MK Aspect system, which is hard wired. House is being rewired so does not have all wireless. Aspect is therefore cheaper as not RF. Does anyone have any experience of the two systems, ie, either better than the other?

Sponsored Links
Relying on a licence free non regulated radio system to control something you may later rely on in emergency is not in my opinion a good idea.

It is NOT impossible that at some time you nieghbours install a radio based system that affects your lights.

You may need to keep a torch handy to be able to find the remote control to turn on the lights to find the remote control for the TV

With a switch on the wall you can always find it fairly quickly by feel in the dark or in a room filled with smoke.

Always assuming he hasn't lost the use of his legs from never getting off the sofa.

wireless does not equal remote control..
there are wireless systems on the market that fix to a wall like regular switches, the advantage is that you don't have wires down the wall..
good for places like a bathroom or bedside switches without having to rip up floors and chase into walls..

Sponsored Links
I guess, the GET & MK are way over my budget unfortunately. Homeserve is more reasonable but in no way really cheap, but hopefully will do the job for my modest house!
Ive experienced being in a fire unfortunately and the electrics all went in no time at all, therefore the switch didnt really come into it!

Most GET stuff I have seen has very obviously been designed and built to fit a (very modest) price.

Buy cheap, get cheap.

Yes but its coming out at almost 2 grand!! the reviews for homeserve stuff dont see to be that bad. £40 a socket isnt that cheap in my opinion!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back