Re-lighting Optima FF50

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

As yesterday was very windy, and today we have no heating, I think the pilot light has been blown out on our Optima FF50 boiler!

I have followed instructions to re-light the boiler (basically turn it all of and turn it all back on!), but with no luck as yet.

When turned on, the boiler does make what sounds like perfectly normal noises, a couple of clicks and a constant hum, but the pilot light never ignites.

I've checked the overheat reset button, and from what I've read on a previous post, it should just be a button with a cross on it, like a phillips screwdriver, and that is stuck in, so I guess it hasn't overheated.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get it running again? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Harry

Sponsored Links
an optima ff50 has a auto pilot and should light on its own as long as there is a demand, buy the fact that the boiler is making a noise there must be a demand, if this model is sparking but still has no ignition there is either a lack of gas, check to see if other gas appliances are working, if thats the case then you may need to get someone out as you may be looking at a new gas valve :cry:

Thanks shorky, the gas hob is working fine, so the supply is good.

I'm hoping your :cry: doesn't = £££!

I did notice there was a fair amount of what looked like soot in the flue, I'm guessing the particularly strong winds may have blown some of it back up into the boiler, clogging up something somewhere!

Needless to say, I'll be getting someone out.

Thanks for your help.

may have blocked injector, im sure he will check that initially ;)

Sponsored Links
Maybe the RGI who services each year for you as stipulated in the installation and servicing instructions will be able to sort it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back