Re-pressurising Main Combi 30 Eco Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a house and would like to bleed the radiators as I hear various knocking of the pipes when the central heating is turned on.

If the system pressure drops too low I want to be able to re-pressurise the boiler too.

I have heard that water regs state a filling loop should not be permanently connected to a boiler but ours looks like it has a permanently connected braided hose.

It also doesn't look like it is connected to the boiler itself. Could it be some custom pipework put there during installation? How would I re-pressurise the boiler in this configuration?

Many thanks for your help,

Daz

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Use the silver screw bottom right to fill, on the flexi connector.

You can remove the flexi afterwards if it bothers you, it isn't permanent.

Thanks Simond. Would these pipes interface with the boiler where they dissapear behind it then? I always thought you had to attach the flexible hose to the front of the connections which have the black twisty valves in order to refill them.

Thanks,

Daz

Sponsored Links
And if you dare to bleed the rads, set the pressure to 1 bar and run the heating....watch the gauge and check it doesn't rise more than 2 bar or so. If it does turn off the heating and get the vessel checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back