Re-rendering work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to chip off old render to my gable end, chimney stack and rear extension and rear gable end with small chimney stack.
I plan to get three quotes broken down into labour costs,raw materials and scaffold hire costs from builders.Also two separate quotes for scaffold hire as I may do some other work myself i.e. painting,gutter repairs re-locating sky dish and need the scaffold longer than the builders would need it plus it may be cheaper.
Can anyone advise me whether a) This is a good way to go about the work I need done? b) when walls rendered do I have to wait several weeks before I can paint on top.?

Any tips/advise much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I used a independent local scaffolder direct, it was a better deal than getting a builder to arrange one and add on his margin.

most of the scaffolders price was in erecting and dismantling, he wasn't concerned about how long I had it.

I found working on a scaffold feels (and is) safer and easier than hanging off a ladder, and there's little sensation of height except when you're on the top platform with nothing much round you.

You must get the builders or others to agree in advance what scaffolding is required though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back