re-vokero flowmatic fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I Have a vokero rs20 flowmatic, 15 years old, but new fan 18 months old. Just lately I have noticed in the morning that the fan is idle although the pilot light is still on. I have always assumed the fan should always be on idling speed for pilot light.I have never known it to be stationary for long periods. when I turn taps or central heating it fires ok and idles ok for the rest of the day.any help appreciated.combi

Sponsored Links
flowswitch needs attention, as danny says its service time.

flowswitch needs attention, as danny says its service time.
Thanks guys, time it was done, its done every year. am I correct in thinking that the fan should always be ticking over for the pilot and never stopped fully. I have contract on it and do not want to call out for false report?

Sponsored Links
with the pilot lit the fan should run slowly if the boiler is switched on ;) View media item 16615
Thanks. There must be a fault as it was serviced only 4 months ago. I shall have to call the breakdown service out, but technically it,s still operative as it works fine as soon as it,s fired up in the morning. It ticks over fine during the day. It,s when it,s not used during the night, it,s just started to occur this last week. Sods law, winter coming.

OP, if the fan is not running or running occasionally while boiler is idle, and also if the boiler was serviced recently, I hasten to add the boiler did not get serviced as per the MIs.

Often, a boiler is checked operationally, and this is assumed by the end user to be a proper service, or implyed by the engineer that the boiler has been serviced. A service is what it says in the manual that should be carried out every 12 months.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back