Reccomendations for New 7 day programmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I need a new 7 day programmer to replace my Danfoss 103.

I am not totally understanding what kind I need to replace it with. Do I need to chose one that has the same number of wires? That is the part I don't get. I don't understand what the difference is between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 wire programmers?

I have read up a bit on the one I already have and it says it is a one wire installation, but I see two going into the bottom of it.

My boiler is a Bosch Worcester 230.

Reason it needs replacing is because the notches don't turn the heating off it rotates at the point it is supposed to cut off all the way around the dial, well at least one of the off notches does until it gets all the way around, then it turns off and fairly soon after hits the next on notch again.

It's a bit of a nightmare because I can't have it on timer as it will send my gas bill sky high and has done so already for the times I used without realising, the heating was on all day.

Also this danfoss is old and not accurate. It only has two on/offs per day, and the gap between the on and off can only be set to a minimum of something like 1hr 15mins. I find that I only need my heating on for 5 or 10 minutes to keep my home warm and comfortable for a few hours after.

Ideally would like to replace with modern digital 7 day programmer that has several on/off options per day, and updates for dst/gmt etc.

I have a manual turn dial honeywell thermostat. Not essential this is replaced but I believe a digital one would be more accurate and save more money too.

The Honeywell DT90E Digital Room Thermostat + ECO seems to fit the bill for that if I do decide to replace that as well, but any recommendations you can offer me for 7 day programmers I'd appreciate it especially ones that are not "too" expensive, and reasonably straight forward to replace straight in and get rid of the danfoss I have.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Yes, the 907 has 6 times per day, fully programmable for each day to have it's own times and temperatures. Modern Prog. Roomstats don't work by an "on/off" principal, they save even more money by using target temperatures. A time and a temperature is input, if heating is required, it comes on. If the house is already warm enough, it won't. As mentioned, 6 of these temperatures can be programmed in for each day.
If you're unsure as to the wiring, get someone in to do it, there are mains voltages present.

That sounds an interesting solution but if it doesn't have on and off's, my heating definietly wont come on outside of those times will it or if there is a fault with the device? Because I believe I would then need to leave the danfoss which would still be there in permanent on position for this stat to work?

Sponsored Links
Yes, the Danfoss would have to be permanently switched to 'on' to allow the CM907 to work properly. but the CM907 will give much more flexibility that the DT90. I have a CM907 and it is a brilliant bit of kit. Highly recommend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back