Recently moved house - confused about Powermax 140 Boiler

Sponsored Links
It is a thermal store. And these boilers are fairly easy to maintain providing you know how to set up the gas valve and check seals/flue etc..... I am a heateam engineer and as far as i am aware BG engineers go on the same course we do to learn how to maintain/repair them.......maybe these guys were new or were lazy.....only they will ever know if they followed proceedures.......no help to the deceased tho....

The incident pre-dated the powermax training for BG engineers. It was after this incident that the training was introduced for this specific boiler.

It is a thermal store. And these boilers are fairly easy to maintain providing you know how to set up the gas valve and check seals/flue etc..... I am a heateam engineer and as far as i am aware BG engineers go on the same course we do to learn how to maintain/repair them.......maybe these guys were new or were lazy.....only they will ever know if they followed proceedures.......no help to the deceased tho....

The incident pre-dated the powermax training for BG engineers. It was after this incident that the training was introduced for this specific boiler.

and even that was a gloss over a shytty pebbledash finish. i use my common sense when approaching these turds. some of the muppets working for BG can barely get the van in gear.

the laptop tells you all you need to know about a powermax. whether or not you bother to read it is another matter.

It is a thermal store.

Well, it has a thermal store.

But it is also a combi if you define that as a boiler which instantly heats DHW on demand.

So a better description might be a combi with thermal store!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I know what your saying Tony, but it is the same operating principle as a Boilermate really and that is not classed as a combi.

In that case a Worcester High Flow 400 would be a thermal store.

I would define a thermal store as a stand alone device heated by a seperate boiler.

A simgle unit that heats hot water on demand would then become a combi with thermal store.

Its not very important and I suppose one should let the manufacturer decide what he wants people to call it.

What did the Powermax book call it?

Tony

The highflow 400 has a small hot water cylinder in it, that gets used first, before reverting to a very low output combi.

The system water does not get into this cylinder, so no, I would not class this as a thermal store like the powermax at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back