recessed lights!!

S

scotteng

hi, about to install 6 mains recessed lights. I have added a diagram to show how i intend to do this, is this acceptavle is there a better method??

cheers

Sponsored Links
No, I cannot see a problem, just make sure that your JB is 17th edition type and will be accessible after the work was done.

hi, about to install 6 mains recessed lights. I have added a diagram to show how i intend to do this, is this acceptavle is there a better method??
Almost any method of lighting a room is better than recessed ones (assuming you mean those little 2" torches, which is the case 99.99% of the time people talk about recessed lights).

Sponsored Links
Almost any method of lighting a room is better than recessed ones (assuming you mean those little 2" torches, which is the case 99.99% of the time people talk about recessed lights).

quite a big assumption there ..................

No, I cannot see a problem, just make sure that your JB is 17th edition type and will be accessible after the work was done.

By that you'd mean ANY jb that can be accessed, so if the light holes are 80mm, a jb that is less that 80mm and can be fished out the ceiling.

If this work is going on in a loft, then a standard JB is fine.

If this work is going on under a floor, ideally you would either locate the JB behind a light fitting so it was accessbile, or loose the JB and take the cable directly to the switch.

JB's behind light fittings, if left loose, need to have cord restraignt. Use the Ashley 501's.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back