recoating anti graffiti paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have experience with this.

We have a portacabin, which was painted a few years ago with an antigraffiti paint, the stuff that paint etc doesnt grip to, and washes off with either just rain, or a light washing.

It now needs re-painting, does anyone know if agp will recoat over itself, or if a special prep needs to be done to recoat.

Sponsored Links
I've never used it myself and used to wonder how you paint over it if you need to change colour. I was told that most anti-graffiti paints are sacrificial, which basically means that when it has been vandalised it can be washed off, taking the graffiti with it, and should then be re-applied to ensure protection from further attacks. Having been told this, I presume that it will adhere to itself, however, if the surface it is applied to needs repainting, it should be washed off by a pressure washer before doing so.

I don't know if you have one of the more permanent types of AGP but hopefully this helps a little.

Anti Graffiti paints can either be oil or water based and have no bonding qualities, In your case you should contact the technical department of your product in order to obtain further advice.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back